Saturday 25 February 2012

Surprise birthday party for Bhansali

Sanjay Leela Bhansali who hasn't ever hosted a celebration in his entire life found himself facing 50 guests at his home in the dead of night on Feb 24 as he turned 48 years old. The guests at his doors included relatives whom he had stopped chatting with for years, friends whom he had not met from his school days, and a few colleagues.

Groggy and euphoric with the experience Sanjay says, "I've never had a celebration at my home. As kids, my sister Bela and that i were never given an opportunity to ask our friends home. So birthday parties are something I've only experienced with my nose pressed to the windowpane. It is a joy I HAVE BEEN excluded from all my life."

The grand birthday reunion was arranged by SLB's assistants who had drawn up an inventory of the folk their boss had not met for some time but wish to. The midnight party on Thursday night went on till 4 within the morning. Since there has been no intimation of the guests, there has been no food or beverage in the home.

Says Sanjay fondly, "We just talked and danced. People I had not met for years were here. It was magical."