Saturday 25 February 2012

Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance – Mahie Gill

mahie gill hot 200x265 Mahie Gill, who started her Bollywood career with Anurag Kashyap’s “Dev D,” a modern-day tackle Devdas, says it’s not a conscious decision to star in offbeat films. In fact, she desires to explore other genres too.

“I desired to work with intelligent and good directors…these are the type of films that they're making. They're offbeat subjects, interesting subjects, new subjects. I'M lucky that i'm doing that sort of roles,” said Mahie.

“But concurrently an actor, I MUST explore myself further because I too wish to do comedies, I NEED to do romantic roles,” added the 36-year-old.

The critically acclaimed actress played characters with negative shades in “Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster” and “Not a Love Story”, and says there’s a different explanation for it.

“A lot of my directors tell me that I'VE an overly innocent face. So when with an innocent face you play a personality with negative shades, it looks much more interesting,” said Mahie.

For now, she is ready to play a deceitful Begum within the sequel of “Saheb, Biwi aur Gangster”. Besides Mahie, Jimmy Shergill and Randeep Hooda, the sequel can even feature Soha Ali Khan and Irrfan Khan.

Mahie is currently busy promoting her forthcoming film “Paan Singh Tomar”, which has Irrfan Khan because the male lead. Directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia, the film hits theatres March 2. – IANS

Advertisement: