Sunday 24 June 2012

I WOULD LIKE to inspire women, says Mona Singh

mona singh 200x297 Actor Mona Singh won hearts as an ugly, yet confident duckling in “Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi”, and now as a robust woman who battles her husband’s infidelity in “Kya Huaa Tera Vaada”, she desires to inspire women around the country.

“As an actor, I'M here to inspire women in whatever way I can,” Mona told IANS.

“There are many ladies who aren’t treated well, whose husbands have extra-marital affairs and yet there are women who accept them back. But here I NEED to inform them to face up for themselves and never be depending on their husband for each decision and for money,” she added.

In the show, the actress plays Mona, a happily married woman with three kids. Their family life is ideal until her husband goes back to his college sweetheart.

The current track of the Sony show features Mona who steps out of her life as a homemaker to make a mark for herself and be financially independent for the sake of her kids.

“A women needs to be independent, she should be working. She has to move out and meet new people,” says the 31-year-old.

While Mona’s husband is essayed by actor Pawan Shankar, actress Mouli Ganguly plays his love interest.

The show’s track was compared with that of David Dhawan’s 1999 hit film “Biwi No.1″. But Mona says it isn’t completely so.

“To a definite extent I agree, for the reason that man did have an extra-marital affair and there has been infidelity, but that was a three-hour movie. However, this can be a serial and it'll last for twelve months or two years at least, so it can't be in line with a movie,” Mona said.

In the time that Mona was clear of small screen’s fictional content, she was seen at the big screen in films like “3 Idiots” and “Utt Patangg”. Her association with TV was only limited with reality shows “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4″, “Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega 4″ and “Shaadi 3 Crore Ki”.

Just when everybody thought she had shifted to the massive screen, she came back to TV.

To this, Mona says movies are only an advantage and her heart lies with the idiot box.

“I was never going to quit television. You’ll never read a single interview of mine where I'VE said that ‘Okay, that is it! I'VE done enough, of television and now I'M quitting.’ Quitting was never my idea,” Mona said.

“I started from television, I belong here and that i will continue to try this. Movies will happen whenever they're speculated to happen. Movies might be bonus for me, television is my everyday bread, butter and jam and everything,” she added. – IANS

Have comments in this article? Post them here: