Thursday 31 May 2012

Shahrukh Khan ashamed of Wankhede brawl, says he’s no role model

shahrukh khan 22 200x276 Recent failures and scuffles haven't only taught Shah Rukh Khan many lessons however the superstar has also apologised for his high-handed attitude. He confesses to have learnt to simply accept both brickbats and appreciation.

“In the last five years, I'VE changed and realised I WILL also fail,” Shah Rukh told reporters Wednesday when he was asked what he has learned from failure and controversies.

“I had not faced failure for a few years and it (failure) has made me humble… you can’t get angry and say the sector is incorrect and we need to realise failure is a part of our life… failure and success don't seem to be permanent,” he added.

He was addressing a press conference at his Mannat residence here post the Kolkata Knight Riders winning the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Sund. SRK co-owns Knight Riders.

In the hot past, Shah Rukh’s image of an affable and disciplined star got a blow as a result of series of events. First, his home production “RA.One” didn't get a favorable response on the box office; he got right into a brawl with director Shirish Kunder after which was enthusiastic about a scuffle with security personnel and Mumbai Cricket Association officials on the Wankhede Stadium that saw him being banned for 5 years from entering the ground.

But finally he appears to be out of that gloom, way to KKR triumphing and winning the IPL title. SRK co-owns the team with actress Juhi Chawla and her businessman husband Jai Mehta.

“I abused but I had a reason behind it…how much angry or disturbed you are, you can't subject it for your audience or children…I don’t think I'M a task model…,” Shah Rukh told reporters Wednesday when he was asked concerning the run-in at Wankhede with the protection staff and MCA officials May 16.

“Saal ke andar ek jhagda aur do films kaafi hai (within a year a brawl and two films is enough)…I was very ashamed when my wife and kids explained to me that I shouldn’t have behaved in that way…I realised, mere bache itne bade ho gaye hain ki muje samjha rahe hain (my children have grown such a lot that they're advising me), I USED TO BE ashamed,” he added. – IANS

Have comments in this article? Post them here: