Wednesday 30 May 2012

If presented decently, Sonakshi Sinha game for item songs

Sonakshi Sinha admits that she isn't bold enough to do an item number, but says she won’t mind doing one if presented in a right manner.

“I haven’t been offered any item number till now. If there's a good song, I'M convinced enough and i'm presented in a right way, then why not,” Sonakshi told reporters Tuesday at iSkate in Ambience Mall here.

The actress was here to advertise her forthcoming film “Rowdy Rathore” with co-star Akshay Kumar and director Prabhu Deva. It releases Friday.

What about “Chammak challo chail chabeeli” in “Rowdy Rathore”?

“‘Chammak challo chail chabeeli’ isn't an item song. It’s an overly situational song with a marriage as its backdrop,” she explained.

Sonakshi made her debut as a demure village belle in “Dabangg” and actioner “Rowdy Rathore” will see her in an identical desi avatar.

And the actress is in no rush to modify her image.

“I am not waiting to get a task so we can change my desi girl image, but still if I AM GETTING something, which requires me to be more westernised and my character is sweet I won’t mind doing it. At the moment I'M happy representing my very own culture,” she said. – IANS

Have comments in this article? Post them here: