Wednesday 28 March 2012

‘Bathroom singer’ Akshay Kumar flatters girls with ‘Bheege honth’

Akshay Kumar movie 200x300 He calls himself a rest room singer, yet Bollywood star Akshay Kumar didn’t consider carefully before singing romantic number “Bheege honth tere” for the leading ladies of his forthcoming film “Housefull 2″.

Akshay was here Monday for the launch of the brand new issue of Stardust magazine with co-stars Jacqueline Fernandes, Asin Thottumkal, Zarine Khan and Shazahn Padamsee and he sang for them on the event.

“Please dim the lights,” he said before he started singing, to set the mood for “Bheege honth tere”, which happens to be certainly one of his favourite romantic numbers.

Akshay was out of tune, but didn’t let go. He stood confidently and sang all the song with the support of background music.

Of course, he was cheered by girls within the crowd on the F Bar and Lounge on the Ashoka Hotel.

“If my films don’t work, maybe I WILL start singing only! But I sing very badly. I’m a rest room singer but what to do … I REALLY LIKE singing. I ASSUME loads of Indians are bathroom singers,” he said. – IANS

Advertisement: